Thursday, November 29, 2012

Breakfast does a body good.

I'll be honest with you. I used to NEVER eat breakfast in the morning.
I don't have time. I'm not hungry. We don't have food. blah blah blah. For those of you who were just like me: stop making excuses!

For the last 3.5 months now, I have forced myself to eat breakfast every morning. And not just a cereal bar on-the-go, people! You need a couple of hearty eggs, a slice of toast perhaps, or even a filling fruit smoothie. On top of being able to spend some quality time with my husband before work at the breakfast table, I have never felt more energized and less hungry throughout the rest of the morning, as well as having a dramatic weight loss since then (of course there are other factors for the weight loss, but the breakfast every morning helps!).

If it weren't for the fatty foods and cost, I would go to a breakfast restaurant everyday! Luckily for me, I was able to treat myself this morning. Before going to work, my husband and I went to Kevin's Place in Deerfield, IL. For all you Chicagoland people... you HAVE to come here!

Kevin's Place is the CUTEST little breakfast diner right in the heart of the northern suburb of Deerfield. It's got stools up at the counter just like a 50's diner, as well as a small open area in the back for tables. They have a large array of yummy food on their menu, ranging from pancakes to french toast to waffles to skillets, as well as simple items like eggs and bacon or sausage, or a bagel and cream cheese. 

The best thing about this place though is the personable owner.... and you guessed it... whose name is Kevin! He walked around to each table, asking how everyone was, explaining the menu to them and even taking orders. He would sit down and chat with his regulars too. When we were leaving, he made some small talk with us and always had a huge smile on his face. Just talkin' to him, you knew he truly loved his job.

I don't know about you, but I can't help but fully respect these small and local establishments. In a northern Chicago suburb surrounded by the famous and also-delicious Walker Bros. Pancake House, it's great to get a nice breath of fresh air at a more personable breakfast joint.

No comments:

Post a Comment